About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Something New ... Recipe Book Give-Away ....


As you can see from my two blogs, I am actively involved in a Relay For Life Team to help raise money for the American Cancer Society. We developed Recipe Books last year as a way to raise money and still have a few. You can visit our Team Webpage and make a donation of at least $5.00 and I'll send you a cookbook ... also, I'm offering one for give away here on this blogsite and my Magnolia Blossom Art Blogsite. This is how it works ... try this or one of the recipes I enter here from the cookbook then let me know how it turned out. I'll put the names in a "pot" and randomly choose a winner and send a cookbook out to the winner!!

This week's Recipe ... GIVE IT A TRY ... let me know how it is !!


BEEF STROGNOFF
1 pound beef sirloin, cut in 1/4 inch wide strips
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove fresh garlic
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 medium onion chopped in medium sizes
6-8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can milk
1/2 pint sour cream
1 bag wide egg noodles, cooked
In large skillet, heat oil. Dredge beef cubes that have been seasoned with pressed garlic, salt and pepper in flour. Brown beef in skillet of oil and add onions and mushrooms. Then add cream of mushroom soup and milk. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until beef is tender. Add sour cream and stir through. Serve over hot egg noodles. 4-6 servings.
Cook and enjoy ... Let me know how you like it .... NOTE: You can make it healthier by substituting low fat versions of the soup and sour cream!

No comments: