About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

This is going to be a fablous year!!! I have so much to look forward to and so much to be thankful for. We had a wonderful Christmas spending Christmas Eve with our entire family watching the kids share in some gift giving and eating a meal together. Christmas Day we made the Hampton Roads Rounds going from house to house to see what all the grandkids got from Santa and taking some gifts of coarse from Nanny and Big Daddy :-)

I had my first challange since surgery, however, during the holidays. I made the decision Christmas Eve to "snack" since it was the holidays. Still no sweets, but thought I'd give myself a break and have some good ole holiday snacking. I enjoyed some nuts, crackers and cheese, etc ... it was nice for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day ... what wasn't so nice was that I started getting hungry for the first time since surgery. I found myself wanting to snack more and more. I quickly could see how this could be a HUGE problem ... so NO MORE SNACKING!! It didn't just last, you see, those two days ... it continued until yesterday .... just a few nuts or crackers, I'd tell myself. So today ... it's all over!!! I can see how the old habbits could quickly come back. This is a tool, not a cure. The funny thing about it is that I was uncomfortable, really, when I would snack ... too full, yucky feeling actually ... not a good feeling. So note to self ... NO MORE SNACKING ... LET'S SAY IT AGAIN ... NO MORE SNACKING!!!

I did loose a pound in the last two weeks, but the point is I probably would have lost 4-6 pounds if not for the snacking. Oh well, I'm back on track. I went through my closet again this morning, getting rid of several things and pulling the last of the clothes that have been packed away for 10 years that I now can wear. In a size 16-18 pants, 12-14 dresses and tops. From this point forward I will have to look elsewhere for clothes ... I haven't seen anything smaller than an 18 in 30 years!! It's a good feeling, much better feeling than the "snacking between meals" was giving me.

I got an excersize balls and belts for Christmas ... one thing I entend to get more regular at .... gotta get these knees better, stronger ... I WILL be albe to do squats again!!!

So, when I have slips in myweight loss journey ... not to worry, I'll refocus, I'll readjust, and I'll reclaim ... before it's too late ... reclaim my desire to loose that weight and get healthy.

Have a FINE 2009!!

No comments: