About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

HAVEN'T SEEN A SIZE 12 IN OVER 30 YEARS ...

... and boy does it feel good!!! Except for the sweat pants, they are stretchy, they don't count ... LOL!! Last night I went to the mall to get a good pair of tennis shoes for the workouts at the YMCA, found a great pair and thought since it was early, I'd go on down to Dillard's to try on some clothes. Sunday my dress pants (size 18) were hanging off of me, but I had made up my mind I wouldn't buy any pants until I could get into a 14. Give it a try I told myself. Unwilling to pay much for clothes these days until I get all the weight off, I searched until I found a sale rack ... all dress pants $19.99. I grabbed several pairs of 14's and proceeded into the dressing room, thinking I was going to be very disappointed and probably shouldn't have done this yet. To my surprise, not only did they fit, but they had room to move in!!! I was in tears ... in a large dressing room ... all alone, crying to myself saying over and over again ... I can't believe I can get these on!! A friend of mine texted to tell me she had just gotten Wii Fit and I should come over to "play" it with her and the kids soon ... I texted her back telling her my thrill as I stood there with a size 14 on. Once the shock wore off, I quickly went back to the rack, I actually went with the store pants on ... no shoes!!! I grabbed two pair of size 12, thinking again these certainly would NOT fit ... Whoot Whoot ... they fit, a bit snug, but in a couple of weeks they won't be .. I could not believe it .. I have not had a size 12 on in over 30 years ! I ended up with 4 pair of pants, 2 12's & 2 14's and two blouses, a size 8 and a size 10. I am going in a day or two to look for some jeans, again, won't get anything bigger than a 14, so we'll see how that goes, but for now ... I'm wearing a size 12 dress pants ... Can't believe it!!!!!

No comments: