About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Everyone needs to give themselves 30 minutes a day

Found an old Pilate's DVD today and decided to give it a go ... am planning on making it a daily 30 minute routine. One thing I have not done as directed by the doctors since surgery is to adopt a workout routine and that needs to change NOW!! Thirty minutes a day is not too much to ask of myself, now is it?? I eat my three small meals a day, I drink my protein drinks and other fluids to equal the allotted amounts required, I take my vitamins daily, now it's time to put the exercise in place. Although I do try to get to the YMCA twice a week for aquasize, that's not cutting it!! Suck it up ... and get to it!! Military drill instructor is what I need ... but for now, just the knowledge that these last 30 or so pounds won't be as easy as the first 130 is enough to get me motivated to WORK IT OFF!!! As my weight tracker shows, the doctor wants me to loose another 14 pounds, but I'd like to get more than double that off .. so 'Move it, Move it"!!!!! Wish me luck, cheer me on ... and Pray for me!!! The challenge is on ... but I need to remember, I deserve that 30 minutes each and every day for me!!!

2 comments:

ABrushWithHumor said...

Good job on the weight loss, that is hard work! I find when I get close to my ideal weight it is REALLY HARD to get those last few pounds off and keep them off. Keep at the workouts and you'll feel better, burn calories, and slowly drop the last few pounds!

Robin

KittsKrafts said...

Congratulations! Just want to encourage you to keep up your resolve. You will be so thankful in the end. Be consistent and it will work for you! :-)