About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Surgery day is set and things are moving forward! Wednesday, June 11th is the big day... it's right around the corner ... I'm getting very excited!! We have some things we want to get accomplished before the big day and this past weekend we worked on several of those projects. We're still working on getting the backyard landscaped since the pool was installed last summer and we want to finish the kitchen remodel and paint the living room and dining room. I'm finishing some art projects for the kitchen and plan to make new curtains for the LR, DR and Kitchen ... we have 7 weeks!!

This coming weekend I'm taking a few days for some relaxation ... it's girl's weekend at Nags Head .... a cottage full of scrapbooking chicks ... fun, fun, fun ... all I know is it has a hot tub ... can't wait!!! Then back to the grind ... Relay For Life is two weeks before surgery, so in addition to the house projects, I'll be busy getting last minute things done for the Relay event.

I'm so looking forward to this new chapter of my life where so many doors will be opened ... we went to see the Virginia International Tattoo at Scope this weekend ... I kept thinking how nice it will be next year when the seats won't be as uncomfortable!! The projects will go a lot faster when I don't get tired so easily ... and oh yeah ... I can't wait to go shopping for some cute outfits!!!!!

Thank you all for the support you have shown ... God has surrounded me with friends and family that are truly wonderful ... I am so blessed. The Lord speaks to us in many ways and I feel He often speaks to me through those around me and the love they show. His strength is what makes it so easy to step forward in this journey ... I trust in His guidance as things move forward.


Stay tuned ........................

No comments: