About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pre-Op Preparations Continue ...

Well, things are moving forward. I've had several doctor appointments including the psychiatrist (I think I even passed the test!!! ... LOL) and I've met with the dietitian. Eddie has gone with me to every appointment with the exception of the psychiatrist, I didn't want him to expose my true craziness!! I've gained volumes of information so far and know I'll be learning more and more as this journey continues. We are looking forward to the next support group meeting where chefs from various local restaurants will help us with choices when ordering from menus post surgery. My labs will be done this week and I have a colonoscopy (yee ha!!) scheduled for the middle of May and I will get the surgery date the week of April 21st.

I'm very busy these days with a number of projects. In addition to my full time job as daycare provider, during nap time and when the kiddies are cooperative, I'm busy planning for our local Relay For Life Event to be held the end of May. I'm in charge of the activities for the children that attend the event and am working with local businesses and student and adult volunteers to provide fun activities for the children into the wee hours of the night. I also am planning a Church Wide Cookout at our church, Port Norfolk Baptist located here in Portsmouth, VA. In addition, Eddie and I have been doing some renovations to the house for the past year and are in the middle of remodeling the kitchen, getting some patio and lawn work done in the backyard in preparation for the opening of the pool and we're doing some painting and redecorating in other areas of the house ... FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

I can't wait until I'm able to do activities like this with ease and I'm sure I'll be able to complete the tasks much sooner as I loose the weight. I'm very excited about the future and look forward to getting the surgery date soon, hopefully it will be the middle of June ... more to come :-))

No comments: