About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

11 DOWN ... and counting !!!!!

One week out ... and doing great! Surgery went well, however I do want to share one thing for anyone who might be looking ahead at the surgery. They tell you that you will be uncomfortable from the gas they pump into your abdominal cavity in order to perform the laparoscopic surgery and the best thing for it is to get up and walk .... listen to them!!! For me, that was more uncomfortable than the surgery itself. I got up and walked 4 times the day of surgery. Whenever I would get too uncomfortable, I'd ask to get up and walk ... it helps!!!! I'm feeling great now ... having some issues with my blood pressure, but we're working on getting that straight, but the best news is I've already lost 11 pounds!!!!! It's just unbelievable .... one week post surgery and 11 pounds dropped .... WOW!
The diet is, for me, very easy to follow. Canned white chicken meat, tuna in water, low fat cottage cheese, rotisserie chicken, baked fish ... not much to remember .... but the amazing thing is ... I am always full!!! I don't get hungry, I have to remind myself it's time to eat. I have found the protein drinks are more like a dessert to me ... chocolate and vanilla ... yummy! The chocolate tastes like chocolate pudding ... I sometimes make the vanilla with sugar-free, non-carbonated, caffeine free orange drink ... tastes like a dreamcicle ... double yummy!!
I have been extremely blessed having my family and friends supporting me, it makes the journey much easier when we have a support group helping us along. I am looking forward to the weeks and months ahead ... getting my blood pressure normal, getting more and more active, feeling more energetic, and oh yes, let's not forget ... shopping !!!!! The journey to a healthier, happier me has begun .... I can't wait to see what's ahead!!

No comments: