About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My PCP refered me to Tidewater Surgery Specalist and so far I've gone to a seminar, attended a support group meeting, had the initial consultation with Dr. Spencer and tomorrow I go to schedule all the pre-op "stuff". I only wish I'd gone this route much sooner !! I'm ready ... my husband, family and friends are very supportive ... and I am looking forward to all the things I'll be able to do that have been impossible and/or extremely uncomfortable. The simple things, like getting on the floor to play “trains” with my 3 year-old grandson. Being able to spend a day in Busch Gardens without being completly exhausted and feel like I have to "rest" for the next two days. Fitting in a booth at a restaurant with ease. Not having to use an expanding belt in an airplane seat ... the list goes on. Oh, yeah ... I can't wait to go shopping .... we're in such trouble !!!!!!!I'll post soon as I learn more dates and news as I move forward in my journey.

No comments: