About Me

My photo
I'm a wife to a wonderful, supportive husband, Eddie ... aka “Big Dabby”, mother of three, have five grandsons, two Springer Spaniels and two Saint Bernards. I am involved at our church and volunteer for our local Relay For Life. I go to almost all the grandson's ballgames and love to spend as much time as I can watching them grow! One thing I don't do is take time for myself. Thirty years of diet after diet which have failed has resulted in the “Elephant in the Room” syndrome ... I'll just ignore it, hence, ignore me! Things are about to change!!!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

FIRST OF MANY CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHER'S TOMORROW

Well, tomorrow is our annual "Ornament Party", where a bunch of us gals get together to share in laughter, love, an ornament exchange and FOOD! I really am not anxious about it though cause this morning on the scales I was down once again ... a total of 109 pounds!!! I am in a size 16 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, I started this journey wearing a size 26-28!!! WHOO HOO ... a saying that has been passed on to me which is my motto now is ... "Nothing tastes as good as being thin is"!!!! YeeHaa!! I still have 46 pounds to go to meet the Doctor's goal and 66 to meet mine :-) Full steam ahead!!!

Preparation for events like these during the Holidays, I believe, is preparation, preparation, preparation! I am taking homemade chicken salad which I will be able to eat with a cracker or two and if anyone brings veggies or fruit ... BONUS!! I also am making fudge, not for me to consume ... hehehe ... but I'll tell everyone as I always do ... eat a piece for me and tell me how good it is. That seems to satisfy me ... give it a smell and let me know it's yummy! It's all a mind game you know ... and I intend to outwit my mind :-)

On my way for labs ... my 6 month check up in coming up in 2 weeks. My projected goal for my 6 month mark which will be December 11th is to have lost 111 pounds ... by golly, I think I'll make it!!!

No comments: